Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Almost a Tulip Festival but Not Quite...

We went to the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point this weekend. Let me tell you...It was a totally let down. Maybe I was imagining fields of tulips? Maybe I was expecting too much considering it was called a "Tulip" festival? Apparently there were just a few flowerbed with tulips in them. Aubree, my mom and I were all bummed about the lack of tulips. I guess you have to try and see things for yourself but now I have warned you all...the Tulip Festival is not so much a tulips festival as a great way to waste $10 bucks each.


Aubree saw this lighthouse and said, "Wow, just like the mini golf course. I have always wanted to go in one...This is my dream come true!" I took a picture before she was knocked over by the wind but it was a pretty cool light house.


Aubree, by this time of the day, was so sick of taking pictures she could hardly stand it.

I would say, "Aubree smile!" and she would grimace at me. I figured we had to take some pictures by the Tulips since we were at the infamous Tulip Festival. Any Pictures you see of use by Tulips literally are the only tulips we saw the whole day.

It was also so windy...so if you see our hair blowing about in the wind it is amazing that we weren't blown over.

The waterfalls at Thanksgiving Poing are definitely pretty.
We also ate some sweet roasted almonds like you get at Christmas time and walked around the gardens. We had a nice day but all in all I wouldn't recommend going to the Tulip Festival.


1 comment:

things we love... said...

Bre it sounds like you guys are having fun!!! I miss you and hope to see you more this summer!! We are going private so PLEASE email me your email, mine is melstoker@msn.com!!!! I will send you a invite then I can add you to our list!!! love you