Saturday, January 5, 2013

Happy New Year!

Okay, once upon a time I actually kinda sorta almost kept this blog up to date...It is obvious I have been slacking off big time. I didn't do a Christmas letter this year either so in an attempt to update my blog and keep a record of 2012 I will now post my version of a Christmas letter here on my blog:

Happy New Year!

I hope that 2012 was as wonderful for all of you as it was for us!

Madeline is 14 months old and had a whole year of firsts! She really has the sweetest personality and she brings so much joy into our lives. This year she learned to roll over, crawl, walk and run. She loves to dance especially to Bob Marley and anything Motown. She loves to laugh and no one can make her laugh quite as hard as her big sister Sammi. She has discovered her belly button and loves to find it and of course she laughs. She is a Daddy's girl and will wander the house looking for him. When she finds him she again laughs. She loves raisins and putting on shoes.


Samantha is 3, which is something she is not at all shy about sharing with people. She has loved being a big sister and tells everyone she meets that she has a baby sister, "Maddi Luga!" No one quite knows why she has nicknamed her "Maddi Luga" but she has. Sammi is so talkative and has the best imagination. She has a two sets of imaginary friends, the "Boys" and the "Girls." The Girls are sweet and the Boys are the ones who do all the naughty things. If something is as mess she tells me that the Boys did it. Sammi loves to tell us her dreams and tells pretty elaborate stories before bedtime. This year she learned to do a handstand and loves to do flips and "moves" as she calls them. She has gotten very independent and loves to do things herself. She loves animals and playing games like Go Fish, Hide and Seek, and make believe. She has a laughing everyday.


Aubree turned 12 this year and is growing into a very grown up young lady. This year she loved school shopping and included in her school clothes this year were things like earings, nail polish and headbands. She loved anything that had a zebra print or neon colors. She spends most of her time in Ferrron these days but we miss her everyday.


Tim and I are not sharing with you our ages, and we always get the most boring entries in these updates. Most of our lives revolve around our kids, work, house and kids. Oh and don't forget our kids. Tim has his weekly bowling league and had a high score of 255 and which I find quite impressive. If I break 100 I feel fantastic. I know that I have been running around chasing two kids and definitely not updating my blog (sorry).

My two brothers had big years though. Nate came home from his mission in May from Seoul, South Korea. We were all so excited to have him back. He came back more mature and loving kimchi. Zac just got engaged after Christmas in Hawaii to Hailey! We are so excited for them cause she is about the sweetest ever and we can't wait to start calling her "Aunt Hailey."

I see great things happening in 2013! Hope you guys do too!





  

1 comment:

Michelle said...

So fun to hear an update! You have such a sweet family and I hope to see more updates through 2013!