Thursday, July 3, 2008

Be Prepared? Well I'm no boy scout...

I haven't been camping in a while, probably 2 years. I haven't been camping to a place without bathrooms, running water or fire pits in about 10 years. Last night...on a whim...our family went camping. We were roughing it! We drove up to a canyon somewhere near Toole (see I don't even know exactly where...we were just flying by the seat of our pants you might say) and found a spot in the woods and camped. We brought a tent but no tent poles. We brought a Dutch oven but no coals. We brought a lighter but no wood. We brought a truck but not enough gas. Let me tell you it was an adventure!

Wondering where the pictures are of this adventure? Well I didn't want this too well documented. We had a nice time all things considered. We roasted marshmallows and the dogs ran around like crazies. Now, I am tired and need to sleep. Have you noticed that when you camp you don't really get to sleep?

No comments: