Thursday, July 10, 2008

Mine Oh, Mine!

Today me, my mom & Aubree went to the Kennecott copper mine. You can see it from space! Basically it is a giant hole, but a giant hole that Aubree had never seen! Aubree also loves rocks and so she enjoyed the museum. My mother and I enjoyed seeing all the household items we use everyday that have copper and other minerals.

Aubree got $5 from my dad to spend at the gift shop, she bought a $1 rock and horded the rest. Always the frugal business woman, she came home and tried to get Tim to give her a $1.

We of course have a picture of Aubree next to the big tire, looking down into the mine, standing in front of old mining equipment, posing like the statue, and as Emily can tell you...you can't go to a tourist spot without going into the gift shop and taking pictures of you wearing their stuff and then not buying it. Just one of our summer adventures...Watch out there will be more to come...







1 comment:

Em said...

Emily as in me?